It's Fearless Friday!!
It's been a while since my last Fearless Friday newsletter, lots has been going on in my world including overtime at work, writing, creating, and just LIFE. But I'm newly inspired this week, and ready to share some Fearless inspiration!
I decided recently that I need a Manifesto for my life. It seems that everyone who is anyone has one these days... why not me? On the last night of a healthy living program that I did earlier this year, our leader asked us to write a personal manifesto for our health. I still have that one on hand, but I wanted to create a list of personal commandments that would encompass the larger picture of my life as well.
This is a work in progress, and I'm adding and tweaking as things occur to me, but here it is:
My Fearless Manifesto
1. I commit to feeling my fears and acting anyway.
2. I will live my life by FOLLOWING LOVE, rather than AVOIDING FEAR.
3. I will not beat myself up for lacking the ability or enthusiasm to do things that are not in my nature.
4. I will cultivate and practice self-love in all areas of my life. I will learn to answer Yes! to the question: do you really love yourself.
5. I will forgive myself and know that I did the best I could with what I knew at the time.
6. I will look for and acknowledge the best in others.
7. If I can't answer with a genuine "Hell, YES!", then the answer is "no".
8. I must make an effort to connect with someone I love every single day. I have a reclusive side, and left to my own devices, I'll sit in my office and read and write and analyze my existence 'till the end of time. I NEED to connect with others, even when I don't really feel like it.
9. I will make time for the activities in life that feed my soul and I will build my life around those things.
10. I will help others by sharing my gifts, talents and resources. I will not hide what I have to offer those around me; I will give of myself freely. I will let my light shine.
What about you? If you wrote a personal Manifesto for your life, what would it say? What are your values? What is most important to you in this life? If you've never really thought about such things, then I would encourage you to give a whirl. If nothing else, it will be an entertaining evening activity. Have a glass of wine, kick back, and write your manifesto. Let me know how it goes!
If you have your own Manifesto or similar set of "guidelines" for your life, please add a link to it in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Fearless Quote of the Week:
BAM! I love it.
© Haley McManigal 2015
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Haley McManigal and haleymcmanigal.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.